Happy Birthday

Last October, before the Packer game. 10/3/21

 Usually the best way to mark the passage of time is through the viewfinder provided by your children.

 Friday our oldest son turns 35.  Happy Birthday to him and all I can think is, "Wow."

 It seems like a few months ago when he was born after a long and difficult pregnancy.  Before long he was crawling, walking, soon after we were playing catch in the backyard.

 So how is it that he made 35 trips around the sun since then?

Is it possible I've had a birthday or two?

Oh, it's possible.  Acknowledging his years means recognizing mine.  Incrementally, as he got older it felt like I stayed the same age, until he hit 30. 

When that milestone came along, I wondered if it was possible I was old enough to have 30-year-old who isn't a kid anymore?  

Five years later, there's no denying it.

It's time to celebrate the man he's become and the blessing he is... Happy Birthday, Matt!

Comments