My Week that Was - June 18

Pork Chop Jones greets a guest.
The dairy breakfast was an excellent start to the week.  On the way home I stopped at the hardware store to get help with a clogged drain.

Until now I've tried Drano and Liquid Plumber but this job required more ammunition.  After considering the options, I selected a bottle of professional drain pipe opener.  It was a generic looking bottle sealed inside a plastic bag, the bag and the bottle were covered in red bold type.

At the register, I was told the bottle's contents were caustic (able to burn or corrode organic tissue by chemical action) and to be careful.  

I was careful.  I read the instructions twice, wore safety glasses and gloves, made sure the area was ventilated, and had a cover to place over the drain after pouring in a bit of the drain pipe opener.  

Everything worked as planned.  The drain works perfectly.  The fan and open windows removed the strong odor created by the chemical action; problem solved.

Sunday after lunch I took a ride across town to McFarland and back staying primarily on bike trails.  It was a great ride.  Unlike most of the rides this year, the wind was light and at my back on the return home.

The last couple of times I've used my camera the picture quality hasn't been up to standard.  Only one of the shots from the ride was close to usable with a little editing, I need to spend time figuring out how to re-set the camera.

The Brewers won Sunday ending an eight game losing streak.  I shouldn't have written more than a week ago about their resiliency.  There are no jinxes but perhaps it would have been best to leave things unsaid.

A couple months into the Covid-19 pandemic, gas prices dropped like a rock because demand was low.  Nearly three years later, most of us are spending more on gas than ever.   

It was $4.89 last time I stopped at Kwik Trip.  Thankfully, my Prius C2 gets a lot of miles to the gallon, it was still less than $40 to fill up.

Ford Model A cars at Oakwood. 6/17/22 dwm
 A big chunk of time each week is spent on the phone reaching out to donors to see how things are going and when appropriate scheduling a visit.  This week was remarkably successful; I called 30 donors, reached 18, and set up 10 appointments.  That is great success rate.

 Friday afternoon there was a little drive down memory lane as local collectors brought Model A Fords to display and share stories about the vehicles and the effort required to restore them.  

 They looked nice.  I don't know how many miles to the gallon you can get in a Model A, but filling a couple of tanks would have likely paid for a whole car in the 1920s.

That was my week - I hope this week is a good one for you!

Comments