Ham and Cheese

Clasen's Croissant Ham & Cheese. 6/19/22 dwm
Most of the time I eat before riding or plan to stop along the way.  It's unusual to pack a lunch but that's what I did Sunday.

Clasen's European Bakery makes wonderful bread and pastry.  I didn't expect them to make sandwiches.

Their Ham & Cheese Croissant was delicious and filling.  

It's also perfect for the road because it is self contained, the meat and cheese are inside the bread.  For a ride it is perfect as a delivery system for protein and carbs.

I'll do that again

The outdoor cafe where I lunched. 6/19/22

 Lunch was enjoyed beneath an underpass of U.S. Highway 12 west of Middleton, 10 miles into my ride.

 This trail will eventually link Madison/Middleton to Sauk City, 18 miles north.  Presently the trail ends at Rauls Road.  From country roads could get you to Sauk City but it's not a straight shot and would require riding the last mile on the shoulder of U.S. 12.

 Some day when its finished, I'll take a Croissant sandwich along for the trip.

Did you see the Summer Solstic blog? It posted at 4:13 am CDT.

Comments