My Week that Was - May 7

At the finish of the Word on the Street 5K.
4/30/2022 dwm photo
Saturday was cool, cloudy, and windy with a chance of rain.  I walked to the Verona Library for their annual 5K.  Half-way there I realized I should have left earlier and had to run most of the way to make it on time.

That helped me warm up for the run.  Most runners were milling around behind the building to stay out-of-the-wind until it was time to go.  A neighbor of mine and her mom were there to walk the route, we haven't talked much during Covid-19 so it was nice to chat.

After the race, I grabbed a Gatorade and bagel to eat and drink on the way home.  After cleaning up, it was time to leave for a memorial service on Oakwood's Prairie Ridge campus.  A dear friend and long-time volunteer and donor died earlier in April, I wasn't going to miss the service if at all possible.

I was glad I went.  I met some of her siblings and other members of the family in addition to residents, all gathered to pay our respects and honor a life well-lived.

Monday I joined the morning group of residents who walk around campus three days each week promptly at 9.  Pre-Covid it was a pretty large group.  It's down to a half-dozen hardy souls right now who persist in almost all conditions.  Through the years, joining the group has helped me meet new people and enjoy interesting conversations.

Am Fam Field. 5/4/2022 (dwm)
 Joining a bunch of baseball and fans of the Star Wars series is what drew us to American Family Field Wednesday evening.  Instead of a bobblehead, this year's Theme Night give-away was a t-shirt in team colors with Yoda proclaiming, "My Crew this is."

 It was a spectacular night.  It was a cool evening which kept the roof closed during the game.  Milwaukee beat the Cincinnati Reds 18 - 4. I'll write more about the game in Tuesday's post.

 Laughter was on the agenda Thursday as residents put on a "Comedy Matinee," which featured a variety of acts.  Two colleagues and I combined efforts in sharing our version of Monty Python's classic sketch, The Argument.  The audience laughed and we had a good time, 

 Yesterday ended the week on a good note.  It was warm and the coming weekend meant the end of a long string of various projects and events.  I had one donor visit in the morning and was able to tie-up a number of loose ends before it was time for the weekend.

By the way, I noticed this post is 2,750 in a long line of posts since it began in 2012, thanks for reading.  Have a great week!

Comments