My Week that Was - May 21

The Dutch Farm Market, South Haven. MI 5/15

We started the week with a quick trip to Grand Rapids, Michigan.  

We left Friday morning, arriving in Holland mid-afternoon to admire some of the tulips blooming during their Tulip Time festival before checking into our hotel.  

After supper we drove to the Whites Covered bridge so I shoot it with an evening sun.  (You can read about the bridge here.)  Saturday we spent the day exploring Grand Rapids then met family for dinner.  Sunday we headed home with a final Michigan stop in South Haven at the Dutch Farm Market.

Crab apple flowers on the farm. 5/15/2022

 The farm had a variety of spring fruits (rhubarb) and vegetables (asparagus) next to plenty of flowers for motorists interested in taking some of the country home.  I opted for cookies fresh from their bakery.

  We returned home mid-Sunday afternoon.  I was glad Monday was another day off; it meant we could catch up on stuff around the house and rest up before heading back to work.

  Tuesday I noticed the large bushes along the street were finally blooming.  Most years they appear in time for Mother's Day, this year Lilacs were a week late.

Lilacs.  5/17/2022

Tuesday a couple unusual things happened.  At Kwik Trip, the woman behind the counter made a comment about what I was wearing, saying that I frequently wore interesting ties.  It surprised me anyone in a busy place like that paid attention.

Another nice thing Tuesday was an in-person meeting of the local Fundraising Professionals group.  As I was catching up with a colleague from another non-profit, they thanked me for some advice I offered pre-Covid.  I was happy to hear I was helpful and grateful to be told, it was a real boost.

Thursday was my first day on our Prairie Ridge campus and the 8th pizza party.  It was well attended with several people joining this event for the first time.

Weather bounced back closer to normal in terms of the temperature with highs in the 70s and 80s instead of 90.  The recent warm spell seemed to keep the rain from falling, there were a couple light showers but the heavier rain went around us.

The weather worked in our favor as we prepared the small gardens around the condo for the season.  Most of my time was spent moving some hostas around in a small patch under the deck.  The prettier garden plot is out front.

I hope your week is blooming!

Comments