Happy Mother's Day

Mom.  2/15/2014 (dwm)
 Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching. They are a garland to your head and a chain to adorn your neck.  Proverbs 1: 8-9

No matter how you honor, acknowledge, and show your affection for the moms in your life, I hope you also think of the mothers who live in your memory.

My mom and both grandmothers have been gone for a while now, but their examples and instruction endure.

Every time I pull my t-shirts right-side out before throwing in the laundry, I am remembering a very clear instruction given nearly 50 years ago.

My wife, the mother of our children, deserves recognition too.  Parenting changes when the kids are out of the house and so do our roles, but it isn't a hands-off operation either.

Our line of parents stretches back to creation.  On my side of the family, we only know names and details going back three generations.  

Mark, Rhonda, and Matthew. 5/18/2018 (dwm)
 As you celebrate and remember, offer praise and thanks for the people you know and those you can only imagine that handed down genes, customs, and culture through the centuries.

 Being a mom may look different now than it did 100 years ago, but fundamentally our mom is the person who dries our tears; heals our boo-boos; and tries to prepare us for our turn as parents.  
                                                 Happy Mother's Day!

Comments