Thursday

Picture taken four years ago
today, right outside our window.
4/7/2018 (dwm)
  Yesterday morning, I felt good.  Left the house shortly after five headed to Anytime Fitness for a workout.

  The only unusual thing was an occasional dry cough.  No big deal, I thought.  I wasn't exhibiting any symptoms of C-19.  

  Home an hour, fifteen minutes later, I showered, dressed, ate breakfast, and went to work.  The Accushield check-in device is part of what we do in a Covid world.  I answered the five questions, then bent down so it could scan my forehead for a temperature.  97.6 F.

  That's a passing grade, similar to every other day I've checked in for 11 months.  

  Last night I felt OK, promising to do a self-check in the morning and take my temperature.

  If it's higher than normal, I'll call in sick.  Which bothers me because there are three different significant things lined up for Thursday that I've been planning on for weeks.

I can't and won't go to work if there is a chance I might get someone sick.  I prayed for relief and good judgement.

Update:

Over night the fever or extra warmth dissipated, leaving me feeling much better than last evening.  I didn't sleep much, so skipped the daily trip to the gym to grab a little sleep.

The dry cough continued throughout the day.  It seems there are longer pauses between coughs, so that's positive.  No nasal congestion.  The tiredness, I believe, is because I was awake every one to two hours.  

Once I got to work, the check-in device measured me at 97-degrees.  I'm not 100%, but a good 25 - 40% stronger than 12 hours ago, that's enough to check-off everything on my calendar before I go home and crawl in bed.

Comments