My Week that Was - April 16

Badger Mill Creek. April 10, 2022 (dwm)
The first two days of the week were the first days I started feeling better after a nasty cold.  

While I only missed two days of workouts, it felt like I missed two weeks.  Saturday I took a leisurely 2-and-a-half mile walk on a chilly morning.  

Sunday morning we attended church from our living room, after it finished I took a longer, faster walk through Fireman's Park.

The coughing was merely a fraction of what it was the first couple days, so it felt good to go back to work.  My voice might be rough a few days, but the worst is behind me.

It was raining hard when I stopped at the light waiting to leave campus and head home when I noticed a person in a wheelchair half-a-block away.  If it wasn't raining I wouldn't have gone out of my to stop.  It was, so I pulled up to ask if they needed help.  

That's when the situation started to make less sense.  They said they were in town 3 days and homeless.  As I processed the information, trying to think how to help, I was told how hungry they were and did I have any loose change?  Thankfully I had some cash and handed over a $5 which could be used at the nearby deli sandwich shop.  I got back in the car and drove away.

Were they homeless? Was it a scam?  I don't know and it doesn't matter that much.  In that moment it was the right thing to do.

This week's weather started nicely with a warm and sunny day Monday.  Since then it turned rainy and cool before strong winds blew for more than 24 hours.  The good news with these April showers is that drought-like conditions have improved and rainfall this year is ahead of normal.  That's good news for May flowers and the rest of the year.

Comments