My Week that Was - March 5

Hyde's Mill near Ridgeway, WI.   2/26/2022 dwm photo
 Saturday we drove to Viroqua to meet our oldest son for a late breakfast.  He surprised me with a pair of Oakley sunglasses.  They are wonderful, I may have to chain them to my neck, though, so I don't lose them.

 On the way back we stopped at three quilt shops that drew us south before turning east where we passed near Hyde's Mill.

 Most of our trips to the mill have been early in the day, so I didn't have pictures with the sun shining and none with snow and ice around the mill and stream.  At home I noticed a streak on the protective filter, but there were still usable shots.

Just a few hours after getting home, I watched Wisconsin played a strong game in New Jersey, as they beat Rutgers in the re-match on the opponent's court.  Other results in the B1G conference fell the Badgers' way, setting up a Tuesday night home game against Purdue as critical for both teams' dream of earning a regular season title.

It was a busy week at the office.  After most of the prior week at a conference, there were calls to make and projects to finish, more important, there are people to see and that's what I enjoy most about my role at Oakwood.  The opportunity to visit and work with donors as they find ways to make a difference for others is a great joy.

Late in the week I was able to reach some people that had been previously unavailable and made some progress in furthering the relationship they have with Oakwood.  It's not a done deal by any stretch but starting to trend the right direction.  I finally got to my notes and PowerPoint slides from last week's convention so I won't lose some of the good ideas I heard in Milwaukee.  The next step will be to implement them.

You may have observed the beginning of Lent with Ash Wednesday.  The imposition of ashes is good way to recognize the cause of our Savior's suffering and death (sin) and the act of cleaning soot from our forehead representing the way that sin is washed away.

Have a good week!

Comments