My Week that Was - March 26

Milwaukee Brewers logo - photo at American
Family Field. 2021 dwm photo
 My week started with a long run with random snowflakes falling.  I wasn't going fast but decided to go farther since the schedule was loose.  It's what my cross country coach used to call an LSD, or long-slow-distance run.

 The first two days of the men's basketball tournament were fun to watch with at least one game going between 11 AM and 11 PM Thursday and Friday.  The second round has the 32 teams left playing eight games Saturday and Sunday.  

 The way TV schedules games you can watch basketball from 11 until 10.  I do a bracket, but don't put any money on my picks (good thing) so while I root for my picks, I'm glad to see a good game.

Sunday afternoon while watching the games in the second round, I found the Brewers on TV.

It was nice to see the players and owners of Major League Baseball agree and get back on the field.  Milwaukee's made the post-season each of the last four seasons and have a team that can do it again.  

The Badgers finished their basketball season prematurely (it felt that way to me), so it's good to have the Brewer's opener just a few weeks away.

Monday at work I was surprised when the niece of a donor asked if I could speak at their aunt's memorial service.  It's an honor.

For the second time this year, the American Red Cross called to cancel my appointment to give blood.  It's apparently related to staffing shortages, it lets down wannabe donors, and doesn't help anyone who needs a transfusion.

I returned to the gym Wednesday.  There was a lot of room, with maybe six of us in a large space at 5:15.  Thursday morning there were three of us.  After a two year absence it was nice to see some familiar faces.  The first day I did OK on the treadmill but had difficulty finding my fit with weights and floor work.  Thursday was better, I found my personal workout folder in the file cabinet and following it (using lighter weights) felt good.

It will take time to find a rhythm at the gym, just like it took time to adjust to working out at home at the start of Covid.  I plan to keep outdoor runs in the routine and morning rides in the mix. 

As I write this a snow squall is blowing through town with impressive looking flakes and a quick layer of frosting applied to roofs.  It was 70 degrees Sunday, this weekend highs will be in the mid-30s.  It's springtime in Wisconsin!

Enjoy your new week.

Comments