Freedom

11/15/2020 dwm photo
There was a "Freedom Convoy" of trucks driving across the United States on their way to Washington D.C.  Some drove through Wisconsin Saturday, supporting "medical freedom."

They don't like mask mandates.  I'm guessing many aren't vaccine fans either.

I wonder if they like speed limits; laws requiring drivers and passengers to wear seat belts; and federal standards for vehicle safety?

Like the mask mandates, rules and laws of the road are implemented to keep people alive... some oppose those laws, including helmet laws for people on motorcycles.

The laws aren't just for you - they protect others.  If you follow the rules of the road, it's a safer place for me to drive.  If you wear a mask, you are showing empathy for the health of those around you.  While the USA is about personal freedom, the USA is also known for its concern for fellow men and women.

My experience wearing masks for almost two years is that I've never been healthier.

I don't need to wear a mask every minute at work since I don't share an office, but all Oakwood staff wear masks in common spaces inside and when around residents.  Wearing a mask isn't fun, but if it helps keep others safe, it is the responsible thing to do.

I support the right to protest.  My hope is the protestors don't expose medical personnel to illnesses or diseases they might pick up along the road.  The men and women heroically serving all of us deserve their freedom too.

Comments