My Life So Far

My Life So Far... coming soon
1/15/2022
As I began editing the 54 individual chapters for my book, I realized that this blog allows more flexibility when it comes to size and position of photos than the book.

Pictures I loaded along with the chapters into my personal webpage with the company didn't offer guidelines or warnings about large picture files.  If the photos aren't trimmed down to a minimum size, they will dominate entire pages which will stretch a reasonably sized book into something approximating War and Peace.

Three chapters into the editing, I've cleaned up some misprints and typos and reduced pictures into something more print-friendly.

The first significant decision is the cover and the combination of colors and the picture taken as I crossed the finish line of the Ride Across Wisconsin in 2016 seems like a perfect fit.

During the writing process I started organizing the chapters you've read in the order they were written on the blog into more of a timeline.

I decided to start the book with a chapter on my faith followed by chapters on my birth and about my parents.  From there it winds through childhood to high school, college, falling in love, work, moves, and assorted memories.

The final chapter is the Epilogue where I take time to say thank you and reflect on the year-long process.

Here's an excerpt:

This process got me thinking about the blessings in my life, starting with my parents and the Christian home where I grew up; the teachers and classmates at St. Paul Lutheran School; my college roommate, friends, and professors; and those I worked with and learned from in seven jobs over three careers. God has definitely directed me in ways I never expected or anticipated. I am blessed abundantly.

There are other family members, close friends, and colleagues who have been part of this journey - many of them not realizing their impact in my life - I’m also thankful for them.

It seems a little strange to have written my life during my 57th and 58th trip around the sun; while I have no idea how many circuits are left I hope to be blessed with many more. Only God knows the future twists and turns in the road ahead and where the journey might take me… as the Woody Allen saying goes, “If you want to make God laugh, tell Him about your plans.”

Comments