Vintage Video - Walking with Wildlife

In assembling the saved news stories from my time with KELO and WISC, there were some that didn't fit some of the earlier episodes, but I still wanted to use.

The first story in this video didn't seem special at the time I covered it but fast-forward 22 years when I rode my bike through the same area and discovered its new-found beauty.

It was challenging doing a TV story about a man's audio recordings in terms of finding visuals, but sometimes sound can overcome the lack of pictures.

I don't know if the planned solutions for the Lake Mills hatchery were effective against natural predators out for a quick meal.  This story was difficult to shoot since the fish were underwater and the predators, other than a couple birds, were absent.  The topic puts it here and shows what it is like when there isn't natural video.

From the fish hatchery, we visit a fish ladder in South Dakota; an elk farm in south Wisconsin; then return to South Dakota for several hunting trips.  I hope you enjoy your walk with wildlife.


See the rest of the Vintage Video collection by following this link.

Comments