My Week that Was - July 3

Front door of Verona's Icki Sticki. 6/27/21 (dwm)
Icki Sticki.   

That's the restaurant where I met a long-time friend for breakfast to start the week.  We hadn't seen each other in a few years; in fact we couldn't remember if it was 2 or 3 years since last time.  I guess that's another pandemic time blip.

Icki Sticki is primarily an ice cream shop that sells coffee and tea; breakfast; lunch; and sweets.  Verona is the second store after Mt. Horeb.  We both chose the Belgian Waffle for breakfast topped with a scoop of ice cream (Salted Carmel).

We had a nice time catching up and agreed not to wait so long to meet.

Old Sauk Road, 5:30 AM
6/30/2021 dwm photo
   Monday and Tuesday were blurs of activity at the office with visits, plenty of projects, and loose ends to tie.

   Just one new thing entered the mix this week.  I have a FIT-bit around my wrist - tracking steps, pulse, and heart beats.  It doesn't seem to track bike rides, but more than likely I didn't follow directions.

   It tracks sleep by recording how much deep sleep, REM sleep, light sleeping, and how often I wake and for how long.  It assigns a grade but doesn't allow extra-credit.

   Light and thin, the band isn't distracting.  It has a clock screen which is nice indoors and virtually impossible to read in daylight.  I'm only taking it off in the shower to get an idea of my daily routine.  So far, it turns out I'm getting more steps in each day than previously thought.

You probably heard about the dangerous heat wave out west this past week.  Here in the heartland we received much needed rain over the course of several days.

Tuesday night into Wednesday morning we received another quarter of an inch, but the streets were just damp when I got out to ride a little after 5.  This was my second midweek ride which I plan to continue going forward with a goal of getting a longer (20 miles plus) ride over the weekend.

The Brewers had a nice run with sweeps of the Colorado Rockies and Chicago Cubs to take a 6 game lead over the little bears in their division.  They followed that with two more wins to end the week on a 10-game winning streak.
A Fishing Spider on the wall next to my
parking place.  7/2/2021 dwm photo

When I pulled into my space in the garage at work yesterday the little beauty in the photo (right) was hanging on the wall three feet from my car.

It's hard to gauge size in a picture, so here's a mental image, if it were on my outstretched hand its legs would be hang over the sides.

I wondered if my car would be encased in its web when it was time to drive home.

It wasn't, but if I lose my spot to Peter Parker I will not be happy.

I hope you're happy and celebrating a Fourth of July out of quarantine.

Please be careful and play safely - have a great week!

Comments