My Week that Was - June 26

The Decatur Dairy, 3 miles west of Broadhead.
6/18/2021 dwm photo
We started the week with a drive through the country and found roads we'd never traveled.

While driving through Broadhead on state highway 11, we saw a blue sign, "Decatur Dairy 3 Miles," with an arrow pointing west.

I don't know if the sign is new but I never saw it before so we turned left and headed west past beautiful farms (look for the stone-built barn and silo) and houses dotting acres of crops.

On a small rise sat a two-story building flanked by silver silos fronted with a tree shading four picnic tables, the Decatur Dairy.

The Dairy serves cheese it makes with local milk, ice cream from the University of Wisconsin's Babcock Hall and serves sandwiches made with scrumptious cheese.  We bought a bag of cheese curds which were appropriately squeaky, a sign of freshness, and delicious.  Next time we'll plan to arrive later for a grilled cheese with pickles!

While I've been sharing videos through my YouTube channel for some time, I didn't customize it until Sunday.  Since there is more content sorted into playlists the algorithms that determine such things asked me to brand my channel and make it more "me."  You can find it here. 

Speaking of videos, with one slated to debut Thursday there are six more in the planning stages which will carry the series through July.  As it turns out there are few stories I couldn't use.  I've enjoyed the production process.  First comes choosing the videos the pulling shots from each story to use in the slides, then writing and record the voice-over; build the slides then edit on the digital software.  The longest part of the process is pulling pictures off the videos, make the slides, and write the script.

Working in a retirement community is inspiring.  Wednesday I was inspired by a woman in her 90s who can't see very well yet gets around independently.  I want to be like that.

The Southwest Commuter Trail goes north
from the Badger.  6/24/2021 dwm photo
   Wednesday night the Milwaukee Bucks didn't perform to expectations in game 1 of the NBA's Eastern Conference Finals losing at home to the Atlanta Hawks.

   I expect them to win four of the seven games, but I didn't think they would stub their toes at home in the Fiserv Forum.  Go Bucks - Fear the Deer!

   Thursday morning I rode my bike instead of the usual run and basement workout.  Last year I rode 10 to 20 miles every third day, but now that I'm going to the office everyday I have a commute to consider.

   It felt good to stretch my legs over 16 miles.  While passing a shrinking pond I saw five pairs of cranes and/or herons sleeping on one-foot in the shallows.  

On the return trip there was one pair of cranes and what looked like a Bald Eagle sleeping high in a tree.

It was a surprisingly effective day on the phones.  I reached a good percentage of the folks I called and scheduled appointments or arranged a future meeting with most.  That's a good day.

Friday allowed me to wrap-up a couple office projects including getting the next two months of birthday cards signed and sealed.  It's nice coming in Monday with a fresh slate.

The Bucks cleared their slate Friday night with a convincing win and head to Atlanta for game 3 with the series tied at a game a piece.

Speaking of fresh slates, I hope your next week is a happy one.

Comments