Ride 2 - McFarland

Looking west on the Yahara River Trail's
boardwalk.  5/8/2021 dwm photo
   It's been several weeks since my last ride, wo when the weather and opportunity presented itself Saturday, I got out for a midday trek from Verona to McFarland.

   There was a 10 miles per hour headwind at the start of the ride which made me think the return trip should be quicker than the first-half.

   It was a cool day that started with temperatures around freezing.  The sun was shining but not providing as much heat as usual as the warmest it reached was the upper 50s.  That breeze made it feel below 50, making me happy I chose my long-sleeve bike jersey for the trip.

The "five-points" round-about where the Cannonball,
Military Ridge, SW Commuter, and Badger trails
intersect. 5/8/2021 dwm photo
For a second straight year bike trails in the area are under construction.  Sections of the Cannonball and Military Ridge Trails are ripped up to replace sewer lines.  

The trails weren't crowded, but one couple got my attention.

When I stopped to take the picture (upper left) I heard a person coming my way.  It sounded like a woman was talking on the phone and not very happy about it as she talked loudly and was reading the person at the other end the riot act.

As I put my camera away and looked up to get on the bike, I saw her.  She wasn't on a phone, though, she was obviously very unhappy with the man walking next to her.  I didn't hear any specifics, but I sure hope the walk in the park helped clear the air.

The ride home did provide a little extra boost with a tailwind which got me home inside two and a half hours for the 35 mile trip.

Comments