My Week that Was - May 15

The lower Yahara Trail. 5/8/21 (dwm)

  The day before Mother's Day required a few jobs around the house and a sneaky trip to the store to get all gifts in hand.

   It's been cooler than usual for the last few weeks, so I waited before getting on the bike.  It was a good trip, 35 miles.

  Sunday was a big day for us because it marked our first trip back to church for Sunday services. 

  Cornerstone Lutheran Church did a wonderful job of streaming worship, but it was good to be back in church, even though we all wore masks.

Monday I was back at work, stopping first on the west campus for a Covid-19 test, then to the east campus for three donor visits and a couple rickshaw rides.  Life still comes with plenty of precautions, but there is relaxation around the edges when it comes to small gatherings of people on campus who are vaccinated.

Just last week I spent time cleaning my office before heading home and the payoff came Tuesday when I was able to enjoy the clean desk, shelves, and file cabinet.  I'm not sure it made me more efficient, but it felt good.

I replaced my camera bag this week.  It was at the end of the line.  The zippers stopped working which meant I had to carry the bag from beneath with both hands.  That defeats the purpose of having a camera bag.  I now have a larger camera carrier which is a small backpack with space for extra lenses, the camera, supplies, and hold the tripod. 

Last day of work before using paid time off was Thursday.  We took a short trip after I gave blood Friday.  It will be nice to look at something different for a while.

You enjoy your week, now!

Comments