A Busted Bracket

My Bracket after the first three days!  (dwm photo)

Since I started filling out my own bracket and copying it to see how I did; I've never been this wrong.  The sheet doesn't account for yesterday's results, but before any game was played Monday I was down to one of my final picks.

The good news is I won't lose money because I didn't put any money down.

I got three of the first four games correct, but the wrong choice there blew up my East bracket as I had Michigan State marching to the Final Four.  I picked #13 Ohio to beat #4 Virginia; #12 Oregon State getting past #5 Tennessee; #10 Maryland over #7 Connecticut; #10 Rutgers over #7 Clemson; and #9 Badgers beating #8 North Carolina.  

I didn't pick #15 Oral Roberts; #11 Syracuse; or #8 Loyola-Chicago to reach the Sweet Sixteen.  I had a 15-seed advancing, but thought it would be Cleveland State.

Drake made me happy with their close win over Wichita State in the First Four match-up and their gritty effort that came up short against the University of Southern California.  Wisconsin looked like a champion as they downed North Carolina.  Against #1 Baylor, the Badgers turned the ball over too many times and couldn't sink the shots when they needed it go in.  

I'd love to see Loyola-Chicago make it to the final weekend and one of the B1G Ten teams still standing win a title, but at this point I'm sticking with my pick of Gonzaga to cut down the nets April 5.

Just don't bet on it! 

Comments