My Week That Was - February 27

Hyde's Mill.  2/20/2021 dwm photo
  I headed out the door last Saturday for a run, anxious to get outside after a two-week self-imposed confinement to avoid temperatures of 10 or colder.

  Maybe I was over-anxious as it was zero degrees at 7 Saturday morning.  After cresting the first hill the pilot in my head recommended making it a 2-mile run instead of the usual 3.  That's a smart pilot.  It was good to be outside and avoid getting frosty.

  Just an hour after that, we headed west for one more winter photo shoot at Hyde's Mill.  

The front of the dam was frozen as rivulets of water added to solid ice.

It's water wheel hasn't moved since the last days of autumn.  The long cold stretch iced over most of the water with small slivers of not quite freezing water above and below the dam.

Less than a week after sub-zero temperatures kept me from running the streets I was too warm Tuesday morning.  It was 35 degrees or a good 40 degrees warmer than Saturday's run.

A cold morning in Hyde's valley. 2/20/2021 (dwm)
You live in Wisconsin during the winter, you know after a long stretch in the deep freeze it's time to wash the accumulated road grime off the car.  It was worth the stop Tuesday at Kwik Trip to get ol' Sunny clean.

Over the last couple weeks I've been watching webinars that will finish 45 hours of continuing education I need to maintain my CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) credential.  Because COVID-19 cancelled in-person conferences where it's easy to log 5 to 8 hours over a couple days; it's necessary to get there one hour at a time.

The most recent was titled, "Why Good People do Bad Things," by a former FBI agent.  It's an ethics course, which is always important.  One thing Michael "Bret" Hood said in his presentation struck me as true and simple, "We judge ourselves by our intentions; we judge others by their actions."  I am guilty as charged.  Another way to look at that phrase is, "Walk a mile in someone else's shoes," because then we will offer others the benefit of the doubt we desire.

Friday morning I went to the clinic for a blood draw in advance of an upcoming visit.  All went well.  The blood was acquired without problem, but after the bandage was applied and I went to grab my coat I felt something warm.  I was bleeding out from under the bandage.  The medical assistant took care of cleaning my arm and stopped the bleeding before giving me a new wrap and sent me back to work.

It was a quick week and we're almost in meteorological spring - that starts on Monday!  Have a great week!

Comments