My Week That Was - February 13

After getting my first dose of the 
Moderna Covid vaccine.
2/6/2021 dwm photo
My week started early Saturday as Oakwood was hosting another round of vaccinations.  It was the second time vaccinations were on campus, so some colleagues were getting their final injection while I was lining up for my first shot of the Moderna vaccine.

Just as usual I checked in on arrival, answering questions and registering my temperature.  After signing in, I was given a number and sent to the largest space on campus where we assembled in a socially distant manner.

I was number 4.  Four of us went up together, each going to a different table where a technician was ready to handle the paperwork and administer the shot.

"Left," I replied when asked which arm I wanted to use.  I was told my arm would be sore around the injection for a couple days and I needed to sit 15 minutes in one of sixteen chairs set six-feet apart.  Thankfully, I didn't experience anaphylaxis and was home a short time later.

You might want to take acetaminophen before you are vaccinated.  It may also help in the days after if your pain continues like mine.  My bursa muscle was sore, but the Tylenol helped.

My Super Bowl prediction was wrong, another reminder why sports betting is a bad idea.  Tampa took advantage of Chief missteps in the first half and their defense never let Kansas City back in the game.  

I enjoyed Poet Amanda Gorman's "Chorus of Captains" poem which recognized three individual heroes before the coin-toss.  The young woman is a great talent.  I look forward to hearing more from her.

A few commercials caught my eye during the game: I liked the Door Dash spot with the gang from Sesame Street; Bruce Springsteen was wonderful in a Jeep commercial; and website Fiverr's humorous ad from Philadelphia's Four Seasons Total Landscaping business.

I am not the target audience for halftime performer The Weeknd.  I recognized the final song from the radio, but the rest of it was lost on me.  The best part of halftime were the Nickelodeon flavored first-half highlights.

You know it's cold when you don't stop at Kwik Trip for a Mt. Dew on the way to work!

Thursday was busy.  I had my blood drawn at the Red Cross as part of their follow-up to an accidental needle stick involving a worker who was part of my earlier blood donation.  It was comforting to learn that accidental needle sticks are rare at the Red Cross.  A woman with 8 years experience said she never had to draw samples because of a situation like this.  I was in and out in less than an hour and was told I'm good to go to give blood again next month.
 
The test results are a "no news is good news," situation.  I don't expect to be called, and I hope that's what happens.

Friday I took my fourth trip to our east campus since the Pandemic began.  I was there to deliver time sensitive cards and re-install a donor plaque.  I miss my weekly visits to Prairie Ridge, I hope to get back more often at some point this year.

It was good end to a good week.  I hope your week goes well and you enjoy Valentine's Day - two blogs go live tomorrow, one about the holiday at 7 and the next StoryWorth chapter 30 minutes later.  Thanks for reading!

Comments