My Week That Was - January 30

Screen grab from our virtual tour.
   The week started with a very Covid thing to do - thanks to my son, he and I took a virtual tour of Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox.

  The screen shot of the tour's start is my only souvenir as they told us on the next slide not to photograph anything else.

  We were flown around virtually by a drone around the Fisk and Pesky poles, saw the Green Monster up close, and where the longest homerun landed.

  It's a great idea and potential moneymaker for teams or other businesses to either build the brand or find another way to give fans a behind the scene look.

The guides shared the team's history and asked trivia questions - we didn't get all of them right, but surprised them with how much a couple Brewer fans knew about the Sox.

I don't often throw movie reviews in this space, but after seeing Fishermen's Friends on Netflix I recommend you give it a try.  It's based on a true story set in a Cornish Village.  No spoilers, but I bet you enjoy the music.

The Rock River near the town of Fulton.
1/25/2021 dwm photo
5 points separated Green Bay from the Super Bowl.

There were four points they missed in the first half when they settled for a field goal instead of getting a touchdown, later they missed a two point conversion instead of kicking the extra point.  I don't have a problem with kicking a field goal with 2 minutes left instead of going for the touchdown on 4th down.

Green Bay's defense had a rough first half giving up 21, but recovered in the second stanza with multiple interceptions of football GOAT Tom Brady.  Tampa's defense kept us out of the end zone when a score would have given the Packers a lead.  

It was a very good season, but it will take a while to get over losing at home in the Championship game.

We celebrated our anniversary with a four-day weekend.  Because of the pandemic there was no trip, but we did take regular pandemic drives over the weekend.

The last drive took us over the hydroelectric dam in Fulton south of Edgerton on the Rock River.  That morning there was fog frost on trees in some areas, but not Fulton.  Some homes look like they used to be cabins that graduated to year-round homes.

The view outside my office Tuesday morning.
Notice how the wind whipped snow into
a bowl coming to a point by the fence.
1/26/2021 dwm photo
Early Tuesday morning we were socked with more than seven inches of snow.  It was light powder.  I was able to get out of my parking space, but had to stop for traffic at the end of the driveway.  

My tires couldn't get traction.  After several minutes of rocking the car between reverse and low gear the car inched forward, from there it was an uneventful trip to work.

At the office we're getting ready for the holiday.  It's our third year sending cards to a large number of donors we think of as our "valentines."

I received a strange call from the Red Cross.  Apparently I was in close contact with someone during my last visit and they want to make sure I didn't catch anything.  No, it's not the Covid.

After the big snow it got cold, dropping below 10 degrees several mornings.  Between the snow covered streets and sidewalk and cold, I did double-doses of inside exercise, but hope to get out this morning.

More snow is coming this weekend, but the calendar turns to February Monday morning, which means warmer weather is 30 days away.  Don't let down your guard - wear your mask, wash your hands, and stay safe my friend... have a wonderful week!

Comments