My Week That Was - January 16

Outside my office window.
1/12/2021 dwm photo
While I work in the city, several acres of woodland surrounding the buildings at work is a great showcase for natural beauty.

Tuesday morning I noticed something out of the corner of my eye while at my desk and noticed two male turkeys less than 20 feet away.

Last time I saw this pair there was a third Jake, so maybe he found a girl or the coyote I saw a few weeks ago celebrated the holiday in style.

The start of this week was quiet.  The biggest job was getting Christmas decorations organized and stored in boxes so after Thanksgiving we can find everything.

This week the Monona Senior Center invited me to talk Lighthouses via Zoom chat for members and people in the community.  It was the best attended online presentation so far.  The drawback of speaking online is missing eye contact with the audience.  The upside is reaching people who wouldn't attend any other way.  I appreciate the invitation.

The inauguration is Wednesday.  While emotions are still high about the actions of January 6th and there are plenty of threats or rumors about January 20th around the country, it doesn't make sense to belabor them.  It was good to hear some Republican leaders step forward to condemn the incendiary comments and see the most bipartisan impeachment vote in U.S. history. 

I can't predict the outcome of the trial in the Senate if things get that far.  I do hope this chapter of American history doesn't come with a sequel.

As the week ends I am excited to see Green Bay open its NFL playoff run hosting the Los Angeles Rams.  I expect a tough game and I'd feel better if All-Pro Left Tackle David Bakhtiari was able to play, but this team is playing for each other and at a higher level than last year.

For 60 minutes Saturday they just need to play at a higher level than the Rams.

I see the Packers winning, 28 - 14 and preparing to host the winner of Tampa @ New Orleans January 24.  Go Pack, Go!

Enjoy your new week.

Comments