Hello 2021!

Photo by Moritz Knöringer on Unsplash

Do you feel better?  Are you noticing that new year smell?

Welcome to 2021.  Our motto: "It's not 2020 anymore!"

When it comes to expectations for a blank calendar, I've got to believe that 2021 will be better than last year.  

Two reasons:

  1. It has to be.
  2. When comes to comparisons there is a very low bar for 2021 to jump.
My resolution is simple.  I will wear a mask when out of the house to protect those I may come into contact with and my family until we get an all-clear signal.  

Just two more - I resolve to appreciate the helpers in our society and aspire to join their ranks in some small way.  I plan to complain less appreciate more and enjoy getting together with friends and family (when that becomes appropriate).

In this space I plan to continue putting up new content Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.  

Less likely resolutions, but ones I'd like to see, are pledges by political leaders on both sides of the aisle to seek compromise and work toward solutions that help people instead of political advantage.  Ultimately, we can make this happen if we elect leaders to put the greater good ahead of constituent or political pressure.

Years come and go.  Some are non-eventful while others are famous or infamous because of natural or man-made events.

Can you guess what these years are known for?  

Go!
1906    ___________
1929    ___________
1941    ___________
1963    ___________
2001    ___________
2020    ___________

A few of you may know I was born during one of the years on the list, but believe it or not, I am not the reason it's on the "What Happened Then Quiz."

The bigger question is whether or not this year will be known for the end of the coronavirus or something we can't even imagine on January 1, 2021.

You'll find the answers to the quiz in tomorrow's "My Week that Was" column.

Comments