My Week That Was - October 31

Trick or Treat
10/31/2015 (dwm)

The Green Bay Packers flew back from Houston with an important win over the Houston Texans.  It was important for a couple reasons: you never want to lose and you certainly don't want to lose twice in a row.  Remarkably, under Coach Matt LaFleur the Packers have never lost back to back games.

They play Minnesota in Green Bay November 1st then fly to San Francisco to face the 49ers November 5.  Winning both would be a good indication of the team's ability to make a deep run in the post-season.

Covid-19 got on my radar in late February as something I heard about on the news, but didn't seem like anything to worry about.  By mid-March, it was showing up in Wisconsin.  March 23, I started working from home.

At the start of the Coronavirus quarantine a lot of folks listened to the experts.  We stayed at home and kept our distance from others if we were out and about.  While frightening, the average number of new cases a day was in the low-hundreds.  Some counties didn't have any cases.  We wanted to be done with it.

Seeing just a few hundred new cases a day would be cause for celebration.  Since September 17, most days there are at least 2,000 new cases each day in Wisconsin.  Tuesday, October 27 5,262 new cases were reported along with an additional 64 deaths.

That's a big impact from something called a "hoax."  The political system is broken to the extent that the Governor and legislators can't agree on anything that might save lives and reduce pain and suffering.  It's scarier now than 8 months ago.  It's disgraceful.

It wasn't the first snow, just
the first trace of snow.
10/25/2020 dwm photo
 This last week had some cold temperatures before warming up this weekend.

 For a very short time last Sunday it was cold enough that we saw our first snow.  When I noticed, I hurried out to get a picture before it melted.

 Wednesday morning around 5:30, the sky over Verona was teeming with light.  I usually look up when I start my run to see if it's clear or cloudy.

 Clear days show Venus to the east and Mars to the west.  That morning, the Orion constellation was just above the southern horizon, surrounded by stars.  I don't recall seeing that  many before, it was beautiful.  I didn't want to fall, so I didn't gaze at the stars for long.

After a couple weeks with only a few auditions, there were more this week including some jobs that could be fun.  However, I changed things up a little and started doing recording in the afternoon instead of the morning.  While a slight difference, the sound more closely matches the qualities I'm told were on my original tape.  Now, I'll see if there are any offers.

In other news, I started offering phone or virtual visits online to donors since it's going to be a while before we can meet in person.  So far, a good percentage are interested, seven scheduled for next week.

That's my week.  I hope your next week is peaceful and finds you on an island of immunity.

Comments