My Week That Was - July 25

Coming into the finish line. 7/18/2020 rkm
It was a hot and humid start to the week which made it a blessing that the Racing Sausages 5K Run/Walk
was virtual.  I don't know how many other folks got out to run at 6:15, but it worked for me.

72 degrees and 98% humidity at the starting line, but since that was close to the overnight low temperature, beggars weren't allowed to choose the weather.

I ran my usual 3.2 miles in 30 minutes, which is unofficial since I looked at the clock in the hall before and after the run.

In my two experiences with virtual races - you run on your own and get the official t-shirt.  The Racing Sausages are featuring one of the jogging cylinders one year at a time, #4 is Hot Dog.  Brat was #1 followed by Polish #2 and Italian #3. The last one in the collection is Chorizo; I hope the weather is cooler and it is run around and through the Brewers ball park next year.

Sun-up on the Lower Yahara Trail.
7/19/20 dwm photo
 Sunday I was back on the bike, bound for McFarland with a return trip by way of the U.W. campus. 

 Storms cleared out of the area as I started, other than a couple sporadic drops, it was a dry trip.

 At the turn around, I grabbed a couple cheese sticks, small chocolate milk, and a cold bottle of water.  Kwik Trip has done a remarkable job during the pandemic with frequent cleaning, which is important while hydrating on a ride.

This 40 mile trip put me at 188 miles for the month.

I acquired a web address for my voice acting website, but it didn't take much of a dive into it to realize I needed help getting it up and running.  Thanks to a website for free-lancers called UpWork, I posted my job and quickly had a number of proposals.  After a couple days messaging back and forth to narrow the field, I chose a web developer Monday afternoon.

Dane County has been covered with masks over the last two weeks as a mandate required everyone to wear anywhere there were people inside who don't live together.  It's an additional effort to control the COVID-19 virus.  Some states are implementing the same requirements because masks are effective in limiting the transmission and reception of the microscopic virus.

It seems weird, but at this point in battling the scourge, it makes sense that any and all manners of defense should be employed.  After two weeks of the practice, it's so normal that a non-covered face seems unusual.

However, one thing I've discovered is that my brain needs the whole face to remember names.  Just seeing the top of the nose, eyes, eyebrows, ears, and hair isn't enough to identify you.  So, if I stumble or can't come up with your name, blame it on the virus.

Speaking of which, this next week is the 20th living with the coronavirus in Wisconsin.  

Stay safe, my friends.

Comments