My Week That Was - March 28

A Robin looking for food on a dreary day.
3/26/2020  dwm photo
It is probably too soon to search for the silver lining around the storm cloud that is Coronavirus.

If there is one, it is that all of us "sheltering in place" or "safer at home" are looking for something to do.

That project in the basement?  You now have the time to get it done.

The photos which need to be organized?  After 14 days it will be a nice change of pace.

Saturday and Sunday, CBS showed re-runs of exciting NCAA basketball games to fill some of the 44 hours I expected to watch of the first two rounds of the tournament.

Monday I returned to work, but in an off-campus office.  By noon, I learned it was my turn to work from home.  Let's call it home-working!

Just 20 years ago, I was working from home while serving as a District Representative for Aid Association for Lutheran.  The boys were under 10, which made a home office interesting.

It's much quieter now.  My wife is sewing on one floor, making non-sterile face masks for a nursing home that is short on supplies.  I'm in my office.  Once the tech connections were figured out, which took 3 hours, it's almost like my real office.

The morning workouts are going well, although I want to get back to the gym.  Wednesday, after work, I used my outdoor time to run.  It is the first time I've run outside, other than a race, in years.  Running outdoors is different than on a treadmill, but it was fun and I needed it.

The new office arrangement means we can no longer hand-deliver birthday cards, so I stopped at the Post Office, an essential business, to get stamps.  At home, I noticed 4 books of 20, instead of three for which I paid.  I called to see if I could pay for the extra stamps over the phone, but was told it wasn't possible.  There needs to be a return trip.

One thing about home-working - instead of a malfunctioning printer the distraction is a cookie jar.  Beyond that, it was a productive week - I just miss my co-workers.

It will be worth it, we're all in this together.

Comments