My Week That Was - Feb 22

Oakwood Village University Woods. 2/18/2020 (dwm)
Monday it snowed.

Heavy, wet snow that clung to branches like frosting.  It melted a bit, but there was at least four inches stacked on my car by the end of the day.

When Tuesday dawned, it was beautiful.  Snow was clinging to branches like frosting.  Side streets were slippery and covered in snow until late in the day.

Most kids had to go to school,but a lot of them were able to show up two hours late.

Before work, I went to the polls.  In Verona, the only race on the ballot was the Supreme Court primary, so once the polling place opened, I was quickly on my way to the office.

Tuesday I was invited downtown to Bethel Lutheran Church to speak to their Men's Fellowship group.

Nearly two years after Biking to Bucky - I'm still talking
about him.  2/18/2020  (courtesy Bethel Lutheran)
30 men gathered in Borgwardt Hall in the lower level of the church for the 11 am start.  After a bit of business, I was introduced and we began our virtual bike ride to see the Bucky statues.

My talk had two objectives: show all 85 versions of Bucky and finish in time for lunch.

Just a couple minutes after the noon whistle, the 278 mile trek was over.  Group leaders decided there was time for questions (my favorite - was there a Norwegian version of Bucky?) then time to enjoy a delicious lasagna lunch.

It was a different program Thursday as we hosted the first donor dessert reception of the year.  120 donors joined us for delicious treats and a brief program describing ways their gifts make an impact on the Oakwood campus.

Later than usual days are normal when it comes to donor appreciation events, but they are crucial.  Sharing stories about what gifts do hopefully inspires and motivates continued support.

You know, I forgot another highlight of the week.  Wednesday was the first pizza party on our Prairie Ridge campus.  It's an opportunity to say thanks and talk about the value of donor support.  The floor party is perfect, because it offers time for small group discussion. 

Over the years I believe its helped me get acquainted with a large number of residents.

That was my full week, I hope yours was productive!

Comments