My Week That Was - January 11

Alone at Dawn
(Amazon image)
I started reading Alone at Dawn.  It's the story of the first member of the Air Force to win the Medal of Honor.

It is a fast-moving story.  It revolves around the first days following 9/11 and actions of elite fighters on the front line.

John Chapman and the men like him serving as Combat Control are difference-makers on the battlefield.  It's a gripping, engaging, and humbling read.

Monday, I returned to work.  After six days off it was nice to see members of my work family and the residents we serve.

We purchased a new refrigerator over the weekend.  A feature of the fridge is taxing my meager handyman skills, as we need to have the appropriate water line for it.  Our home had a simple plastic tube, which, we were told is not sufficient.

There is only one kind of hose for the job, so that was easy enough.  The right length, however, was tougher.  After measuring the distance from the back of the fridge to the water pipe, I bought a six foot line.

Only after getting home and installing it, did I realize it wasn't enough.  While the right length for the final distance, it needed to be longer to allow for installation and moving it away from the wall.  I returned the too-short hose for the next length up the following day.

Thursday I received an email from the director of the community chorus asking several staff members to play percussion for their song, Turn the World Around.  It sounded interesting and kind of fun, but I was concerned because I don't read music.  I went to practice on Friday and was OK, but I hope the other folks on percussion cover my mistakes.  Thankfully, there is one more practice before Wednesday's show.

There's snow coming in - forecasters expect upwards of 6 inches by Saturday night.  If true, that will kick off a fun week; let it snow - let it snow - let it snow.

Comments