My Week That Was - Dec 28

Packer flag - 1/10/2010  dwm photo
This week started with a holiday stay-cation.

There were a few gifts to wrap up over the first couple days, but by Monday morning all was calm.

Monday night, I settled in for the Packers trip into "the Bank" in Minneapolis for a showdown with the Vikings.

Jumpy at the start as the Packer offense gave up the ball near its own endzone.  The defense rose to the occasion and showed they were ready to throttle Minnesota on its own field.

I wasn't feeling too good as Green Bay turned the ball over three times in the first half.  That is a statistic often linked to losses.  I felt better at halftime as the Packers closed within a point, trailing 10 -  9.  In the second half, the Pack scored two touchdowns and kept Minnesota off the board for a 23 - 10 win that clinched the NFC North Division title.

Lions in Detroit are waiting for Green Bay tomorrow.  It won't be easy, but with a win they secure a first week bye in the play-offs and gets one game in Lambeau.  If Seattle beats the 49ers and Green Bay wins, then the Pack will play at home until the Super Bowl.  Go Pack!

This series has been around most
of my life.  12/24/19 (dwm)
Tuesday morning we went to see the last Star Wars movie.

It's hard to believe I first saw Star Wars in the Janesville Mall Cinema in the early summer of 1977.  I was 13 and went to see it with my friend, K.C.  It was the first PG film I ever saw.

I'm aware how strange that last sentence reads in 2019.  Let's just say it was a much different time and leave it at that.

The last movie has a difficult task, but ends the story quite well.

Christmas was wonderful - we went to church Christmas Eve and Christmas morning  - love singing Christmas carols and hearing the message.

One present under our tree for me was a wireless Bluetooth set of earbuds.  It's the first time I've owned these.  I've had Bluetooth speakers before, but not earbuds that don't have to be plugged in to anything.

So far, they are "connected" to my smart phone and Kindle.  They transmit Pandora and a radio station right to my ears just fine.  While listening to the radio, I heard the phone ring, and it took me a while to figure out how to answer it on the earbuds, but they worked fine for that, too.  Thanks, honey.
Discovered on walk to the office.
12/26/2019 dwm photo

My first day of work this week was Thursday - proving it is possible to work only on Monday and Friday.

It's been warmer than normal this week, so I walked outside from the car to my building when I noticed Christmas bulbs hanging on a series of trees next to the sidewalk.

Just hanging - not decorating and only one tree had more than one bulb.

I was confused - are these ornamental bread crumbs?  Did someone "borrow" bulbs off a decorated tree to create a random work of art?

Looks impossible to figure this puzzle out, and that may have been the point.

You have a nice week - it's another short one thanks to the New Year.

Comments