My Week That Was - Dec 14

Our 2019 tree.
12/7/19 dwm photo
I thought, when this week started, that it would be a quiet weekend.  Then I heard what our plans were!

There was shopping to do.  There were boxes of Christmas decorations to bring up from the basement.  Lights to hang on the back deck.  Oh, Christmas cards to address and affix the postage.

Thankfully, most of it was wrapped up before the Badger basketball game started, as I enjoyed seeing the men's team play one of the better games in the young season.  The football game in Indianapolis was later that evening.  The Badgers played a lot better against the Ohio State team than earlier this year, but the clock didn't move fast enough to seal a win.

I think the Badgers have to be happy, though, with a trip to the Rose Bowl.

Maybe you had chicken pox as a kid, I got it in high school.  Missed a week... of spring vacation my junior year of high school.  It was irritating and itched like crazy.  I can still remember slathering calamine lotion in every place possible!

Just the thought of those days causes a reflex to scratch.  About 20 years ago I head about Shingles - a nasty illness that can be long lasting, especially as you get older.  People who had the chicken pox are susceptible to get Shingles unless they get vaccinated.

I did, on Wednesday.  I'll write more about it, and you can see it here this coming Tuesday.

Zoo Lights at Vilas Park Zoo.
12/12/19 dwm photo
Thursday the kids arrived to celebrate an early Christmas and we kicked off the long weekend with a trip to the Vilas Park Zoo to take in their Zoo Lights display.  It was my visit to the Zoo to see the lights since it started in 2016.

More lights are in more spots around the zoo, including a presentation in lights showing the 12 days of Christmas.  The only thing missing was snow on this trip, but everything looked great.

The show runs every Thursday - Sunday evening, 5:30 - 9, through December 29.  Dress warm, bring a camera, and enjoy a pleasant stroll around the grounds.  If you get cold, the carousel house is open, ready, and warm.

Friday, we went to the Hilltop for dinner, which continues the Wisconsin tradition of supper clubs - it's been family owned for several decades.  Home-made rolls with honey-cinnamon butter was worth the price of admission and the opening serving of cheese curds were delicious.  I'm not sure why it's been so long since we last ate there, I don't think it will be long before we return.

That's my week - I hope you had a good one.

Comments