My Week That Was - Nov 2

Autumn leaves in Dane County, WI 10/26/2019 dwm photo
My Sunday started in an unusual way.  On my way home from the gym, I crossed Main Street when I was surprised to see red and blue flashing lights in the rear view mirror.

Just imagine my surprise when the lights didn't drive around as I pulled to the side.

It seems one of my tail lights was out.  I wasn't aware of it, and said I would be certain to get it replaced within 10 days and return to the Police Department with the paper work.

My heart may have been beating faster as the police car pulled behind me than it was at the gym.

Just a few hours later, after returning from church - I drove to Advanced Auto in town to get a replacement bulb.

Fall view in south west Dane County.
10/25/2019 (dwm)
It was in stock in a two-pack.  I asked if they could help, and as employees corporate didn't allow hands-on help, but one guy came out to show me how to get the light off my car.  Even better, he let me borrow the proper tools from their tool box in the store.

Less than ten minutes later, I had both bulbs replaced.  The guy in shop said if one went, it was likely the other was near the end of its life too; I also figured that I'd lose track of the spare so it made sense to get both done.

You have to show the Police when the work is done so they can close the case and no fine will be levied.  I went to the P.D. and it turned out the original officer came to check my car and gave me the OK.  He said, "You don't waste time, do you?"  I told him I was sorry about the situation and wanted it finished.

First snow of the season
10/29/2019
This time of year, you expect changing weather.  It is a little early for snow, but it fell anyway.

Tuesday morning, Madison got three inches of heavy, wet snow that added bright highlights to trees otherwise clad in green, orange, yellow, and brown.  Since Tuesday was sunny - it looked lovely.  It also convinced everyone that winter is getting close.

Wednesday we made our second presentation of "Light House Keeping," to more than 40 Oakwood residents.  Our time meant we finished close to the usual lunch time, so it was important to stay on schedule.  We managed to do that with minutes to spare.

Next we take the program to the Verona Library November 12.

Thursday dumped a lot more snow than Tuesday, close to 6 inches in Verona.  This time it stayed on the roads, forcing plows out to clear roads on the same days other trucks are picking up leaves from the curb.  It's a crazy autumn!

It was a busy work week - so busy I kept forgetting what day of the week it was; which makes Saturday all the sweeter!

Comments