My Week That Was - Nov 16

More snow fell Tuesday.  11/12/19 dwm photo
I was making calls to set up visits with current and prospective donors when I reached a person I've met a couple times.  I asked about getting together in the next couple of weeks when I heard, "Well, I got on hospice care."

Whoa.

That changes the conversation.  I expressed sympathy.  The individual said they were considering many decisions.

I'm available, I said, if they want help; but it's their decision.

Tuesday, we shared our Light House Keeping story with a group at the Verona Public Library.  About 20 people joined us, seemed to enjoy the program and asked good questions.  I'm learning there are lots of 'lighthouse people' and like them so much they came to hear us.

Next up we present the program at Oakwood the day before Thanksgiving.

Thursday I made a brief presentation to the Foundation's Board of Directors.  It was an overview of our Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) program - how it works and how we talk about them with residents and other donors.

In short, a CGA is a gift where the donor receives a guaranteed payment the rest of their life.  At the end of their life, the charity uses what is left.  It's the second most popular planned gift behind naming a charity in your will.

The women race to the turn near the
1 kilometer mark. 11/15/19 (dwm)
I took Friday off to help with the NCAA Regional for men and women's cross country terams hosted by the University of Wisconsin.

Considering the weather the past week or two, it was very nice - sunshine and it warmed into the upper 30s!  It was still cooler than usual, but a lot better than what it's been.

My role was as a marshall - keeping spectators off the course so athletes can perform their best.  It was a good day - I'll write more about it Tuesday.

Just the same, I wish you all the best for the coming week!

Comments