Green Bay at the Quarter Pole

I threw my hat on the field when in Dallas
in January.  1/31/2019 dwm photo
In my preseason Fearless Forecast, I got the record right for Green Bay's first games, but not in the right order.

Three out of the first four is a good start.  But, when you win the three, you want all four.

Wins over Chicago and Minnesota put them in contention to win the division.

The defense looked good, before running out of gas on Thursday (9/26/19) at home against Philadelphia.

So far, the Pack has been spared serious injuries to front-line players.  There are flashes of real potential.

The defense is clearly better than years past, but with room for improvement.  Aaron Rodgers and the offense flashed potential against the Eagles, but haven't put a full-game together yet.  The special teams seem solid - especially the young punter and in reducing penalties.

The next step is building on a solid start and continuing to improve.

Their second quarter opens Sunday in Dallas.  It's going to be tough.

After that, they play twice in Lambeau, before finishing this quarter in Kansas City.

The Pack needs to at least split these games because they only play at home three more times in the season's second half.

Based on what I've seen so far, I'm optimistic.  Go Pack, Go!

Comments