My Week That Was - August 31

Downtown Madison across Lake
Monona.  8/24/19 dwm photo
The weather has been close to perfect this week, and that includes an all-day rain Monday.

Saturday morning started great and wasn't supposed to be hot, so after breakfast at the Prairie Cafe in Middleton, there was time to get the bike and hit the road (ride blog posted 8/27) .

Sunday was nice and there was nothing on the schedule.  Unlike the prior weekend's constant action, it was nice to enjoy the day, watch the game, then read and write in the afternoon.

Speaking of ballgames - this week may determine if the 2019 Milwaukee Brewers return to the playoffs.  After taking two of three from Arizona, they promptly laid an egg against St. Louis on Monday night falling into an 8 - 1 abyss by the third inning.

Their only hope, was to win two of three games against the Cardinals and another two games out of three against Chicago.  That didn't work out as the Cards won two out of three - making the margin for the Crew even narrower.

Work went well and I was close to a full slate of donor visits for the first time in several weeks.  I met with a couple new residents and some I know well.  It's one of the best things about my job, hearing their life stories and eventual path to our campus.

Thursday was the second to last scheduled Rickshaw ride day on Oakwood's University Woods campus.  One resident I've known for several years recently had surgery, but thanks to the Life Enrichment team was able to enjoy a ride.  It was great experience for her and me.

It was also the end of the Packer's practice season with the final roster to be unveiled today.  I'll post my Packer forecast next Thursday, but its difficult to get a read on the team right now.  Like most Green Bay fans, I think if the defense gets better and Aaron Rodgers stays healthy, we have a good shot at making the post-season.

Friday wrapped up quietly with a donor visit, a few phone calls, and some writing.  The most notable time of day was lunch. 

Only after heating up my "Soup at Hand" in the microwave did I realize I had leftover spaghetti in the fridge.  I covered the soup with plastic and stashed it in the fridge for next week - we'll see how that works.

On the way home, I heard Milwaukee take another loss.  That sound you hear is the breaking glass in the team's season.

You know it's a good week when the biggest piece of drama is a can of Campbell's Creamy Tomato soup!

Thanks for checking on my week, I hope you have a great one!

Comments