My week That Was - Aug 17

The Brown-eyed Susan in her glory.
8/11/2019 dwm photo
My week started with a great ride around Lakes Mendota and Monona followed with a bunch of blog-writing and other odds and ends around the house.

Jumping at me on the deck was the native Wisconsin plant I've been writing about this year.  The 6 foot tall Brown-eyed Susan was alive in bright flowers with dark eyes gazing out at the backyard.

It was the look I was waiting for; it could be a mini-Packer tree with all the green and gold.

Monday I checked in at SportClips get my haircut.  It was busier than usual as the going back to school crowd of moms and kids were stacked three deep in the waiting area.  Thanks to their special app, I was able to check-in ahead of time, and it saved me at least 10 minutes reading an old magazine.

Tuesday I revisited a writing project in the office, and it was nowhere to be found.  I know I wrote the article, but apparently never saved it.

If I saved it, I can't find it.  Which means it needed to be written again - ugh!

Thursday was the monthly breakfast for employees celebrating their birthday or work anniversary.  Since August marked seven years for me at Oakwood, I joined the group for a late breakfast/early lunch.

We have a lot of employees, and many came in to grab something and go, while others grabbed a chair to visit while enjoying a free lunch.  An upside to more years is knowing more colleagues around the table.

I enjoyed a custom-made omlette, pancakes, crisp bacon, fruit (just to be safe), a couple donut holes, and a glass of orange juice.  It was wonderful and kept me going the rest of the day.

That's a great week - I hope you have a good one coming up!

Comments