A Short Ride

On the bike bridge over the Madison Beltline.
8/24/2019   dwm photo
After two days riding across the state, it seems normal virtually every other ride might be considered "short."

This last Saturday was perfect - temperatures in the low 70s and partly cloudy.

Before I could ride, I needed to put the seat back on the bike.  After RAW, I removed it for an easier drive home.

My first attempt left my feet short of the pedals.  An adjustment was better and worked OK for three miles before they needed fixing.

Sun at 11 o'clock high over
Lake Monona. 8/24/19 (dwm)
Just an inch closer made a difference.  It felt better in the seat and the bike rode quieter than it was earlier.

It was a simple out and back trip.  11.5 miles to Lake Monona, 12 miles around the lake, and 11.5 miles home.

Looping the lake is a favorite ride as you pass amazing homes and get wonderful looks of the lake and the gleaming capitol dome.  I saw groups of paddle boarders, kayakers, and several dozen fishing boats.  It was a good ride.  It is also the kind of trip I expect to take between now and the end of my bike season.

You can put my order in for more days like August 24, thank you.

For this short ride, I covered 35 miles in 2:21 and was back home in time for lunch.

Ride on!

Comments