My Week That Was - July 6

My turn-around point at Camp Randall Stadium.  The
statue known as Nails' Tales is scheduled to be removed
this summer.  6/30/2019 dwm photo
I've not been on my bike much lately.  The week started hot, humid, and heavy rain in the forecast.

When I woke up early Sunday and headed to the gym, I learned the rain was several hours away.  I cut my routine a bit, so I could get in a quick ride before church.

The goal was to keep a good pace more than the distance.  The Military Ridge State Trail runs through Verona, so I hopped on it, then took the turn on the Southwest Commuter path to the UW campus.

It was a few tenths of a mile past 10 when I turned around.

20 total miles.  Average 16.3 mph.

The three day work week went fast.  I crossed several items off my to do list and even got ahead on a couple of projects.

Tuesday after work we went to the movies with plans to return on the Fourth of July for a second show.  On our list were two features, "The Secret Life of Pets 2" and "Toy Story 4."

It was perfect entertainment for hot and humid summer days.   (Reviews are on their way for each, Toy Story 4 will be in this space tomorrow and the Pets on Tuesday.)

Weather in these parts jumped from feeling like late March and early April to very warm and humid, but with a lot of rain.  A lot of rivers are still near flood stage and there are fields still too wet for farmers to plant.

I took both July 4th and 5th off.  We didn't do a lot.  Out for breakfast and a movie Thursday - then back to a cool home for reading and writing.  Friday was similar.  After the daily workout and breakfast we ran some errands and I picked up my 40 year old Schwinn Traveler from the bike shop.

The start of the new week will hopefully include another ride.   I hope you have a great ride this week, too.

Comments