My Week That Was - June 8

Finally got the Volae on the road.
6/2/2019 dwm photo
Last Sunday I finally got on my bike.  It was long overdue.

There were a couple of activities at church during the day, including the installation of our new pastor.  When we got home, it was still perfect weather and time to saddle up!

It was a good shake-down ride.  It went great, 13 miles averaging 16.4 miles an hour.  The route was mostly flat, but there were a couple of small hills I tried to attack.

The ride also reminded me, about a quarter mile into the trip, that I forgot a water bottle!

That hasn't happened in a while.

My plan was to get on the bike everyday.  That ended Monday, but it isn't just for weekends any more!

The first two working days went well. 

It was a busy Monday with several donor visits and putting a time-lapse type PowerPoint presentation showing construction progress on our east campus.  The work isn't all done, but it felt good to get the first year plus of photos lined up.

The Grasslands at Oakwood Village
Prairie Ridge. 6/6/2019 (dwm)
Thursday there was an open house of the new independent living apartments at our Prairie Ridge campus.  After 18 months of construction, it was exciting for residents and staff to get a look.

We toured two units - one with a view towards Madison and the other toward Sun Prairie.  The homes are bright, comfortable, and feature screened balconies.

Residents are moving in throughout the summer.  There are still a couple units available, but don't wait if you want a look.

Earlier in the week I had a weigh-in at Anytime Fitness.  It uses an "In-body" scan which measures weight with a break down of muscle and water weight.  It was a pleasant surprise that muscle weight was up and water weight down.

Yesterday it was time to give blood again.  While I haven't gotten used to the actual needle stick, I'm glad when Jane, my favorite phlebotomist, is on duty.  She surprised me when she switched with the person who took my history and was preparing for the draw.

Jane remembered that the last time I had issues giving blood, that was the person who poked me.  I had put that memory out of mind, but thanked her for remembering.

My pulse and blood pressure were good and thanks to a good "stick," I gave a pint of A+ in 4:58. 

That is my fastest time.  I've been under 6 minutes several times.  Painfully I remember a couple of times where I barely finished under the time limit of 15 minutes.  Faster is better!

I hope you enjoy a great week! 

Comments