My Week That Was - June 15

Irises at Oakwood Village.
6/3/2019 dwm photo
If you read Tuesday's blog - you know about my first ride of the season.

One of the best things about it was riding into the wind for the first half, and then enjoy having it at my back for most of the return trip.

That allowed me to work a little harder when I had the most energy and take advantage of the help for the ride home.

Sunday was different.  Different primarily because it included cleaning the garage.  After a long winter of storing outdoor gear and road debris getting tracked in by the nicer vehicle; it was past time for a clean-up.

Brooms, rakes, and umbrellas which could be hung up, were.  Old and broken stuff which could be thrown away, was.  The floor was swept.  It seems roomier.  Yay!

Monday was a good start to the work week with a donor lunch at Buck n Honey's in Sun Prairie.  It's a very nice place for lunch or dinner; the right mix between casual and finer dining.  On my four visits through the years, it's never disappointed.

Just one major change at the office; my office mate for the last five years is retiring and she started training her replacement this week.  It's an in-house promotion, so it is nice to already know the next person with whom I'll share an office.  On the other hand, I'm going to miss my friend and colleague.

It turned cooler and wetter on Tuesday into Wednesday.  I don't know if this is the case, but it feels like most of spring has been cool and wet.  No doubt a change is coming and we will miss the cool and wet.  Thankfully, before the rain arrived I was able to take two donors on a 45 minute rickshaw ride around the neighborhood.  It is easily one of the most fun things I get to do.

I spent time reading the biography of U.S. Grant - it is 900 + pages and it seems like it's taken me forever to get through it.  The end is in sight and I hope to review it for you next week.

Last evening was another cooler evening than you expect in mid-June; I expect the average will be reached eventually, but that will require some hot, hot days to get there.

Yesterday I got one unpleasant task behind me.  A box of old files has sat on my office floor for 10 months.  They are the remainder of files from our old office.  But, before you can shred or recycle - it is important to check them out. 

That box was checked.  Most of it was dumped in the shred box, some can be recycled, and a large file folder will be saved for another day.

As we start a new week together, I look forward to checking off a small item on my bucket list, and hope you have an amazing new week!

Comments