![]() |
| We chose the Old Spaghetti Factory for a lovely family dinner last Sunday evening. 5/26/2019 dwm photo |
Just a few days were available for the holiday, but I didn't have to go far off the usual route to visit three more Illinois covered bridges. (You will see those on upcoming Thursday blog posts.)
It included a celebratory dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory which is one of our favorites.
Listening to the radio Saturday night, I heard my Milwaukee Bucks falls to Toronto in the NBA Eastern Conference Finals. It was a tough loss, especially after the Bucks won the first two games in the series. I thought they had a real chance to go all the way this year. Seasons sometimes end fast and painfully.
You can count me as surprised during my eye appointment when the doctor told me my vision is improving! Apparently, my eyes are relaxed, which allows them to focus properly - while stressed eyes actually tire and give up. I still need my contact lenses, but enjoyed getting good news.
I got back on the rickshaw Wednesday to train a resident interested in giving rides to others. By the way, the resident is in his 90s. Needless to say, he is in excellent shape.
Thursday was my first time this year offering rickshaw rides to people in assisted living or memory care. It was a beautiful day and the 18 passengers (9 trips) enjoyed every minute. As the trips progressed, though, it became more difficult climbing hills. It turned out the front tires were losing air - which explains why it was so tough.
A busy week ended with a bit of a breather and a visit with a centenarian. It was great and uplifting conversation, and a perfect end for the week.
I hope your first week in June is good.

Comments
Post a Comment