![]() |
| Movie poster at Studio Movie Grill 5/25/2019 dwm photo |
Thanks to computerized graphics and animation, these classics are re-booted as live-action films. Dumbo is the most recent, but the idea took root in 1996 with 101 Dalmatians.
The 11th, Aladdin, just arrived in theaters.
We were visiting family in Indianapolis over the weekend and sought refuge from heat and humidity at the movies.
Studio Music Grill is one of a growing number of theaters striving to make movie - going an event with in-theater dining.
As you walk into the theater to find your seat, you are handed a menu. Then after figuring out what you want, you press a button on a small table which slides in front of your seat. Soon a server arrives to take your order.
A bit later, someone shows up with food. If the movie is underway, the servers quietly come and go.
I enjoyed some pretzel bites as a preview with a pizza as the main feature. It was good.
![]() |
| Studio Movie Grill, Indianapolis. 5/25/2019 (dwm) |
The Princess is the difference in this movie. She doesn't need a rescuer and is quite capable of running her father's kingdom, thank you very much.
I appreciated the tweak and couple of new songs added to the movie musical. Will Smith as the Genie nails his role, but comes up a bit short compared to Williams' manic performance.
I recommend the movie. It is family-friendly and fun. There are intense parts involving the hero and heroine as they navigate the under-handed Jafar to be aware of, but you have time to get ready for it.
I can't say its an upgrade, but I'll give it three stars as part of Disney's whole new world of animated features.


Comments
Post a Comment