My Week That Was - April 27

Antique Archaeology - LeClaire, Iowa
Home base of American Pickers   4/20/2019 dwm photo
Last Saturday the upper Midwest enjoyed the nicest weather of the season, so we took a road trip hunting bridges.

The night before, while reviewing the route, I realized we would pass near Le Claire, Iowa.

That name may not mean much unless you're a fan of the History Channel program, American Pickers.  We've enjoyed the travels of Mike and Frank for some time now; I even wrote about it five years ago!

We didn't run into Mike, Frank, or Danielle - but loved the stop in the Iowa community outside the Quad Cities.  It was a blog-worthy visit.  You can read more Tomorrow!

After that stop, we drove into Illinois.  We went for two bridges and got three courtesy of a missed turn which put us closer to the third bridge than I planned.  The Oquawka Covered Bridge, which has several names, will be in the Covered Bridge series on Thursday, May 23.

Easter Sunday, after church we rested after a full day of travel.  I spent time going through the pictures and began writing.

Monday it was back to work and it was busy.  The heavy writing from the week before was finished, so it was time to go over proofs and ready it for the printer.

Tuesday morning I spoke to the Waunakee ROMEO group.  ROMEO stands for Retired Old Men Eating Out.  They are my kind of people.

I presented the Buckys on Parade in a revised and condensed version to honor their 30 minute time limit.  After the presentation, there were questions and comments.  I had a blast and appreciated the invitation.

Wednesday was my fourth pizza party in the last month.  It went very well with a strong turnout and good conversations.  Three parties are left on the schedule - good thing they aren't the same week!

Thursday and Friday completed the week with a couple donor visits and the last details regarding an upcoming mailing.

I was glad it was Friday....   I hope you enjoy your new week!   Up here in Madison - we expect three or more inches of snow.

It was a real short summer.

Comments