My Week That Was - March 30

This Cardinal is waiting for spring.  3/24/2019 dwm photo
One advantage of early spring is that before the leaves come out, you can get pictures of birds in the trees.

Especially when its gray and the bird is bright red.

We have a pair of Cardinals nesting nearby and they were enjoying some sunflower seed early last Saturday.

In the afternoon, the male circled back for another snack when I saw him in the Ash Tree checking the feeding station before taking a turn.

He stayed still long enough for me to fire off several shots.  They may be some of the best shots I've gotten of a Cardinal.

And away he goes.....    3/24/2019   dwm photo
Speaking of Cardinals - the Milwaukee Brewers started their season playing the St. Louis baseball team.

St Louis was my grandma's favorite team.  I remember her listening to the games when I went to stay with her and grandpa each summer.

She used a transistor radio with an ear plug to catch the play-by-play.  I became a Brewer fan since that was the team I listened to every night on the radio.

My Dad grew up listening to KMOX, St Louis and the Cardinal games - but I think he became a Brewer fan along the line.  I remember the first game he took me to and the awe I felt when I saw the big field of grass as we walked into the stadium.  Go Brewers!

Just caught bits and pieces of game one on the radio at work, but it was loud and clear as Lorenzo Cain saved the day with a game-saving catch of what was a likely a tying home run with two outs in the top of the ninth to end the game.  Whew.

Thursday was the second pizza party in as many weeks.  The pizza was on time and once again was enjoyed by the group.  These opportunities have been valuable to me over the last six years in getting better acquainted with the people living at Oakwood.

Another development this week was completing a couple more PowerPoint presentations.  One is a shorter version of Biking to Bucky. The second is a look at covered bridges in the upper Midwest - I'm calling it "Travel in Time."

Friday brought a busier than usual week of work on a quiet note.  Thankful for that as things are jumping all over the place.

Time to turn the page into a new week and new month, have a good one!

Comments