My Week That Was - Jan 26

Oakwood Village 1/23/2019 7:23 am (dwm photo)
My occasional writings in this weekly recap about how little snow we have got some attention.

Just last weekend we got 5 inches. Tuesday night into Wednesday we received another 5 inches.

It is still behind "normal," but it is a start.  There were plenty of drivers sliding off roads and schools closed by the dozens across the south half of Wisconsin.  Thankfully, I had safe travel during my snowy commutes.

Last Sunday I finished a book titled, "Beep," written by David Wanczyk. It is the story of baseball for blind individuals.  The week before I read another called, "Feeling Sports," written by John Ross who became blind as a child but continued pursuing athletics throughout his life.  The two offered an interesting look at something I don't usually think about.

Thursday and Friday mornings included two 8 o'clock meetings with the local chapter of fundraising professionals.  The meetings were productive, but walking in the office doors just before 10 feels weird.  I eventually caught up, but it is a long way from normal.

Otherwise the week was quieter and less busy than the previous two. 

However, today is a circled on the calendar - 34 years ago my bride and I were married, happy anniversary, sweetheart.

Comments