My Week That Was - Jan 19

Internet image
One week after realizing I lost my office keys - the keys were found!

My key story is a bit more complicated.

January 8th is when I learned the keys were missing.  I first thought I misplaced them at work, so when I got to the office I send out a couple e-mails and made some calls with no luck.

I thought they may have fallen out of my pocket the night before, but when I got home and searched, I didn't see them.  The lost keys haunted me the rest of the week.

Last Friday, I received a replacement for one office key, but learned I had to wait to replace the second one.  When I was able to unlock my office; it felt like things were getting back to normal.

Yet, at the start of this week I couldn't get the missing key out of my head.  Then, Tuesday night an email from our condo association president arrived in the in-box reporting keys that were found around the mailbox.

I dashed a quick email to the finder with a full description.  I heard, "come and get 'em."  What was lost is found - I felt like the woman in the Bible who found her lost coin.  Yay!

Another 'find' this week... a contract to speak at the Waunakee (only Waunakee in the world) Library about my biking to Bucky adventure.  It's a gig related to Oakwood Village, which offers speakers on various topics in the community and this will be my first one.  I enjoy showing the statues and talking about the big mascot, so it should be fun.  It is March 5.

Thursday I went to a presentation by an Oakwood resident - a Registered Nurse/Syndicated columnist/Speaker - on Humor and Aging.  It was an interesting presentation on the importance of laughter at all ages and the very real health benefits we get from laughter.  There was a serious side to the speech, but it also made people laugh!

Another funny thing happened... I've been booked again to talk about the Bucky statues.  This time its in June at the Monona Senior Center.  Color me surprised!

Writing of surprises, as my week closed the Madison area is under a "winter storm warning" with dire predictions of up to 7 inches of snow.  As this goes live at 7:30 Saturday morning, we have around five inches of fluffy, white snow, it's beautiful. 

I'm glad to see it - the New Year's Eve snow (our only real snow previously) lasted just a week.  We were down to bare grass yesterday around here.

Here is hoping you have a snowman in your future!

Comments