My Week That Was - Nov 17

My week included a haircut at Sport Clips - which has been my preferred provider for a good dozen years now - and it included a brief consultation on how I like it.  I told the stylist about a cow lick above my right eye.  There are some different things the stylist can do to keep the hair standing on end to a minimum, and it usually works fine.

Judging by the most recent cut, though, a two inch by two inch patch looks like the top of a forest canopy with no trees.  It wasn't what I had in mind, but in another few days it will look fine.  A photo will serve as evidence when I go for my next cut to say this isn't the look I wanted.

It's not often I'll use this space to write about my hair, and unless this post reaches an insane number of views, it is probably the last!

Last Saturday started with breakfast at Perkins.  As far as I know, it's the only one left in Madison now that the west side location was closed.  Perkins were a favorite of my family while growing up.  I think one reason was that it offered no-smoking sections.

You know, it is laughable looking back at those no-smoking sections in a world where even bars are smoke-free.  "Back in the day," non-smokers felt it was a victory when smoke had to travel across the restaurant to reach them.

At the office, the year-end letters were sent so they could arrive in the homes of donors before Thanksgiving.  Our organization is blessed with quite a few generous donors.  I think we made a good case for continued support... over the next six weeks we'll see if recipients agree.
My winter hat and long-sleeve T.
11/15/2018    dwm photo

On Tuesday I picked up my gear for the NCAA Division One Championships for men and women's cross country.  The races are later this morning, I hope to write about them for Tuesday's blog.

I also spent time in the dentist's chair this week.  Admittedly, I wasn't faithful over the last six months to regular flossing.  I wasn't chewed out by my hygienist, but resolved to do better for my next visit.

My week was actually pretty busy.  Next week will be a short work week; some of you may be taking the week off to see family or into the forest to hunt - wherever you spend your week - have a good one!

Comments