Fleetwood Mac in Concert

Fleetwood Mac - Milwaukee's Fiserve Forum
10/28/2018  dwm phone photo
Fleetwood Mac became a band in 1967.

My friend and next door neighbor, Andy, introduced me to them in 1977 when he was wearing out the needle on his turntable playing their hit album Rumours.

Jump ahead 40 years (oh my goodness!) and the two of us were in the brand new Fiserve Forum in Milwaukee to hear the 50 year old band live.

In an introduction for one of her songs, Stevie Nicks said she is 70 years old.  An online search reveals Mick Fleetwood is 71; John McVie (Mac) 72; and Christine McVie 75.

Lyrics from one of their biggest hits offers a glimpse as to why Andy and I, along with thousands of other fans gathered to hear them sing.
"Well, I've been 'fraid of changin'; Cause I've built my world around you; 
But time makes you bolder, even children get older; and I'm gettin' older too."     
(Landslide lyrics written by Stevie Nicks)


Blogger (L) and friend Andy from the
balcony of Fiserve Forum overlooking
Milwaukee.  10/28/2018.  (dwm)
Yep, we are getting old.  As we age we hear music lyrics through speakers filtered by age and experience.  "I'm getting older too."

The band played 22 songs and there were a lot of hits left off the set list.  It was a great show.  The music felt new.  I heard and felt layers in the live performance I didn't catch before.

During "World Turning," Mick Fleetwood engaged and entertained us with a drum solo complete with calls and call-backs from the crowd.  It served as a rest break for the rest of the band as he put the sticks and skins through the paces while never losing the beat.  It was fun to hear and impressive to see in action.

It was a long way from section 206 for the camera, but
we heard every note.  10/28/2018  (dwm)
The concert was the first time in nearly 25 years since Andy and I last got together.  It was more like 25 minutes as conversations resumed just like the ones we had while shooting buckets on the backyard basket.

It was fun to catch up with each other's family and learn where life's roads presented us with curves and detours.

I knew practically nothing about rock and roll or pop music when we first met.  It seemed fitting that this meeting revolved around a live playlist instead of an album spinning on a turntable.

The tour moves like soldiers and they're gettin' older... and we're getting older too.

Fiserve Forum from their Facebook page  (Fiserve photo 10/28/2018)

Comments