| Builder Bucky in front of Middleton's City Hall. 7/4/2018 dwm photo |
Many of us worked Monday and Tuesday, had vacation or took time off Independence Day before finishing it yesterday.
Just seemed a bit strange on Wednesday. I enjoyed a ride, took in a movie, then we picked up a pizza for an afternoon of baseball and another movie. At one point, I thought, "it's back to work tomorrow with two days until the weekend!"
I like that the Fourth of July is celebrated on the 4th of July and not the first Monday of the month. However, a Wednesday holiday creates a dilemma. Do I take just the one day; take the two days before or the two days after as vacation; or wipe out the whole week? If the day falls on any other work day, its easy, create a three or four day weekend out of the holiday.
Lacking any serious plans for the week, it didn't make sense to burn the "paid time off "(PTO). These are what might be called minor problems. There are plenty of people who worked July 4th and nearly every holiday during the year. There are many others who don't get to choose. Sadly, there are people who would love to have a job.
| Builder Bucky's empty perch 5/26/2018 dwm photo |
You see in the photo above the somewhat elusive Builder Bucky. I visited this location May 26, but it was empty (see photo, right). When I saw it was restored to its position, I made plans for an early 18 mile ride to capture the bearded badger.
Builder Bucky will finally appear in the Biking to Bucky blog series next Friday, July 13.
With the work week thrown a bit out of sorts due to the hole in the middle, it still went well.
I met some new people, assisted with a few gifts, and completed several writing projects. Thursday was my day to give some residents rickshaw rides around campus.
However you slice it, it was a very nice week. I hope you had a good one, too!
Comments
Post a Comment