| Purcell Road crosses the Badger State Trail. 7/7/2018 dwm photo |
My original plan was to ride down the Badger State Trail to Belleville for a late breakfast and return trip. Half-way there, the trail was closed. I've seen water issues along the trail in past years, so I wasn't surprised and rode back to Madison.
Just a couple miles into it, a group of five strong riders caught up and passed me. We had a brief conversation as they rode past, and I tried to keep up.
I accelerated my pace and reached the tail of their pack where I could maintain the 18 - 20 mile an hour speed. It's been a while since I've done that. It was fun.
Last Wednesday there was an Employee Appreciation lunch for Oakwood Village staff. It was very nice with an elaborate buffet, games, prizes, and free T-shirts. The same day, I took a couple residents into the neighborhood on a rickshaw ride. A year ago, the three of us saw a 10 point Buck. We didn't get anything like that his time, but did see a hen turkey with five little turkeys around her.
You don't see items like this in the local paper very often, this was under police reports for April 20 in The Verona Press "7:56 p.m. An officer observed a child throwing a ball to himself while practicing batting. He (the officer) stopped and threw the ball to him to prepare for him for his team's 'opening day.'"
This one was listed for earlier the same day. "A mother brought her 4-year-old child into the police department after she found that he had stolen candy from her workplace. An officer spoke with the child about taking things that didn't belong to him."
There is more serious stuff than those items in the list of police calls, but I like the personal touches. I wager neither child will ever forget those moments.
I hope you had a good week. It's hot again. I guess it fits since it is July - stay cool.
Comments
Post a Comment