Having a Heat Wave

A Prickly Pear in prickly heat.   6/20/2018  (dwm photo)
We have already had eight days above 90 degrees this year, last year we had five.  In fact, it didn't hit 90 until the end of September.
That's not much of a sample size, but I miss last year.  Which, I admit was unusual.

It's good for growing crops and grass - especially when you consider all the rain we've had.

The best news out of that paragraph is I don't have to cut any grass!

One guy's heat is another guy's summer day.

My perfect summer day starts in the 50s and stops in the mid to upper 70s.

Just a few Cumulus clouds float by and add character to the sky.

In Camelot, it only rains at night, which sounds like a good idea.

Lest you think I'm uber-selfish, I admit life is pretty cushy.  On the hot days I generally only have to walk from an air conditioned office to an air conditioned car.  The men and women working outside during the heat of the day deserve the accolades and a cool shower for their effort.

You can sign me on to the list asking somebody to lower the thermostat.

Comments